Here we present you some recommendations to avoid the negative experiences:
- Photocopy both sides of your passport, your credit card and your traveler checks. Carry these copies in other bag.
- Keep your passport, air ticket, credit cards, etc., in a safe place.
- Do not leave valuable objects in the hotel room. Leave those objects in the hotel reception so they put them in the safe box.
- If you travel with valuable equipment, it is advisable to obtain additional insurance for your equipment.
- Go to A.T.Ms in the morning or afternoon. When you do this try to go with somebody else. If no one can go with you, try to go to an A.T.M. that has a policeman near.
- Do not travel on foot so far during the night.
- Avoid dark streets.
- Ask the hotel personnel whether it is safe to walk in the hotel area and which places can be dangerous.
- If possible, use the authorized taxis (a signal and phone number in the upper part identify them).
- Do not take all your money and credit cards with you.
- Leave your jewelry and valuable possessions in a safe box of the hotel, you may be victim of robbery.
- Do not give samples of wealth, leave the cameras at the hotel if you go to the market.
- Be aware, especially in crowded places.
- Be careful after visiting bars and discotheques.
- Do not buy or take drugs (it is illegal)
General and Tourist Services
Here we present a price list of the most common services that you will require during your stay in Cusco. It will be very useful and it will help you to distribute your expenses in a better way. The prices are specified in Peruvian currency Nuevos Soles (S/.) and American Dollars (US$)-one dollar equals to 3,5 Nuevos Soles approximately.